Plan shows lots under lease status, road reserves, drains, creek, West and East Roads (Clarke Street), North and South Roads (Read Street), unlabelled roads like River Valley Road and Canning Lane, and those south of Singapore River (unlabelled) like Boat Quay, Havelock Road, Magazine Road, Fisher Street, Angus Street, Cumming Street, Keng Cheow Street and Market Street, unlabelled Ord Bridge and Read Bridge, a table showing a list of encroachments with areas, and others
20050000975 - 178_000107_SP
168
English
Survey Department, Singapore, Straits Settlement
Title of map given by NAS
Viewing permitted. Use and reproduction only with permission.
Additional information provided by user (Oct 2017) : Map is suggested to be made no earlier than 1848 as Lease No. 473 was only divided into three parts in 1848 with the issuance of the land titles for parts 1 to 3 of Lease No. 473 in that year. The "Chinese's Temple" is Yueh Hai Ching Temple and one of the "Part of Lease 473" forms part of the temple's compound today. Credit line: Singapore Land Authority collection, courtesy of National Archives of Singapore