View of front courtyard of Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus (CHIJ) at corner of Bras Basah Road and Victoria Street, with the main entrance on the left. Founded by Father Jean Marie Beurel who bought the former private residence of H C Caldwell, built by George Coleman in the 1830s, the school for girls was opened in 1854. The chapel (partially seen on the right) was completed in 1903 and consecrated the following year.
1903-1907
19980005108 - 0019
S1099
Viewing permitted. Use and reproduction only with permission.
Arshak C Galstaun Collection, courtesy of National Archives of Singapore
This image is reproduced from a postcard borrowed from a collector